Thursday, August 28, 2014

Showers

Me: You need to shower.
Child: Harumph
Me: I told you that you needed a shower yesterday and you didn't get one. You must shower right now.
Child: Okay.

Bathroom door closes.
Noises.

Child pokes head out: Is it okay if I just get my hair wet?
Me: No, you need to clean yourself from head to toe.
Child: Harumph

The shower was just turned on. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.


~

Another day.  A Saturday, to be specific.

Me: You all need to shower tonight.
Boy: But I just showered yesterday!

*beat*

Me: Were you out walking around in the hot sun getting all sweaty?
Boy: Yes.
Me: Then you need to shower tonight.

~

Farther down the proverbial road:

Just getting out of the shower, still soaking wet, with a loud fan running, I hear a small, eight-year-old voice at the door.

"Hey Mo-oom..."

I turn the fan off so I can hear better. "Yes?"


"Do you wanna play cribbage with us?"


"I'm kind of wet, buddy. Go ahead and play without me."


When do they learn the value of proper timing?

No comments:

Post a Comment