Friday, April 11, 2014

Nothing new under the sun

The kids were reading the biographies of "kid reporters" on a news site that they visit. My daughter read one reporter's favourite movie, Dodgeball. "What's that movie about, Mom?

Her older brother jumped in with a grin and asked, "Is it a movie where we watch other people play Dodgeball for an hour and a half?"

I started explaining, "Well, this one group of people has a gym and another guy wants to take it from them and he has a lot of money so he can do that. So they have to enter a Dodgeball tournament to win the money to keep the gym."

My girl interrupted by stating authoritatively, "The Muppets."

"Huh?" I wasn't sure where that came from

"So... It's The Muppets, but about Dodgeball. Right?"

Yep, I guess so.

There really is nothing new under the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment