Tuesday, November 26, 2013

How you doin'?

The kids and I read recently that you can actually make yourself feel better by smiling.  Your emotions are that closely tied to your facial muscles.  We tried it.  It's true.

It's been my goal for a couple years now to get cashiers to smile.  If I'm out with my hubby, I'll challenge him to make the cashier smile before saying good-bye.  He sometimes does some pretty goofy things to get that smile, but he goes for it.

I was telling someone about this recently, over the internet.  As I typed it out I thought, "What's the best way to wrap this up?"

I started typing:  "It's my goal for them to be happy once I leave."  Wait, it's not that I want to make them so miserable that they're glad I'm gone.

I tried again: "It's my goal for them to be happy after they check me out."  Ha ha ha!!!  That's not what I meant either.  



Oh well.  I may not be gooderer at this word-putting-together-thing than you, but I hope I made you smile nonetheless.

3 comments:

  1. You did !
    I loved the "gooderer"... even my worst pupils haven't tried this ! (they stick to "gooder")

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said - I like to tell my children, "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar." :) Just not sure why want to catch flies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started to rethink that one... I've been dealing with fruit flies lately. The best way to get rid of them? Trap them in a dish with apple cider vinegar. Hmmm...

      Delete