Monday, August 5, 2013

Baa Baa, David's sheep

I'm in the middle of preparations for our Vacation Bible School, which starts tomorrow.  As I scramble to get everything in place, the phone keeps ringing.  We've had two more families enroll at the last minute.  This may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but it's huge for us!  We can't have too many kids, but we want to make sure there are enough to make some noise.  So it's nice to see our registration pages filling up.  Who knows what seeds we're planting?

One of the last things I've done is put together the songs that we'll sing.  I've had some floating around in my head but I needed to finalize them today.  I wanted to re-write the words to Baa, Baa, Black Sheep to go along with our theme, but didn't really know if it would happen.  I sat down tonight to work on it and (with the help of www.rhymezone.com) came up with something that will pass for a song this week.  I think it's cute, even if a bit forced in rhythm at times.  Here's what I came up with:


Baa Baa Psalm 23

The Lord's my shepherd, I will want no more
He makes me lie down by the water's shore

My soul's refreshed, I'm on the right trail
God's in charge, even when I fail

The Lord's my shepherd, I will want no more
He makes me lie down by the water's shore

I walk through hard times and He comforts me
He sets a table before my enemies

Anointing on my head, and goodness by my side
I feel His love around me when He is my guide

All the days of my life I want to yell
“In the Lord's house, that is where I'll dwell!”



I'd love to challenge you to rewrite a psalm to your favourite kids' tune.  It's just fun and it's a great way to get kids singing about God!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love your song! I will pray for a tremendously successful Vacation Bible School week ahead! Isn't it wonderful to be able to share God's Word with those that may not hear it otherwise! Praise God & ask for His blessing to fall on the little ones!
    P.S. Nope, I would never be able to create a song from a Psalm! I'll leave that to someone like you that has a wonderful imagination!
    - Aunt Bernice

    ReplyDelete