Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another Reading Binge

I know I don't talk about reading too much, at least not on here, but I can get heavily into reading and forget that I have responsibilities at home/school/church/etc.  So I tend to have seasons of reading and seasons of no reading.

One of my best friends has been reading Beth Moore's books for a while.  Okay, several of my friends have been reading Beth Moore's books for a while.  But this one particular friend actually made me look at the books and read a portion, which of course got me hooked.  So I immediately ordered the books and waited and waited and waited until they finally came in.  (Yes, the wait was that dramatic.)

While I waited, I also won a free copy of Dannah Gresh's book, "What Are You Waiting For" which recently came in the mail.  So now I have three books that I am anxious to get through.  I'm half way through "Waiting" and loving it.  The other two are "Get Out of That Pit: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance" and "So Long Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us."




While I get through these books, I'd love to hear from you about good books you've read lately, fiction or non-fiction.  And I'd love to hear what you thought of any of these three books if you've had the chance to read them.

2 comments:

  1. I have not read anything for a long while... And I so loved reading workbooks and self help books and fictional enjoyment reading... I have never read a Beth Moore book now i want to go to the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read books other than the bible. Instead I get a play by play from my wife. She's a great story teller. lol. I await her next chapter when she finishes reading it.
    I may not enjoy the books above so much..... but she read Ted Dekker's Circle trilogy, I loved it! Awesome writer. Very detailed & complex stories. But not boring in the least!

    Another recent was Heaven is for Real, by Todd Burpo. REALLY good book. The kid tells amazing details. Mentions the other kid Akiane, who is an amazing artist, i think shes now 14, and has been a prodigy since 4, drawing pictures of Jesus that she claims He puts in her head. The cool thing about the mention is that Burpo's kid never saw a picture of Jesus that looked like the real Jesus he saw in heaven, until he saw Akiane's picture. Without knowing who she was or anything of the sort. Sorry I won't ruin anymore of that book for you. You won't regret reading it!

    ReplyDelete