Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Willy

Well, I've been inspired. I love reading, and I love being nosey and finding out what my friends are up to. I do love writing, although I'm not that creative about it. My friend, Moni, writes a blog (http://sproutculinarystudies.blogspot.com/) so I decided to sign up for a blog so I could be an official follower of her and encourage others to do the same. (I suppose that would work best if I, too, had followers, wouldn't it?)

It seems that the first step in this big new world of "blog creation" is coming up with a clever name for my blog. You will soon discover that I have a horrible memory. Tack that on to the "not creative" description and it means that I can't for the life of me come up with a clever name for this blog! So I reached back into the annals of time (does anyone else snicker like a 12 year old when they read that phrase?) and came up with the one phrase that was used to (inaccurately) describe me back in 1987. My fellow fifth-grader, Donnie Heath, thought he was being so clever when he nicknamed me "Weird, wacky, wild Wanda Willy Whoopie-Cushion." You can't say he wasn't alliterative. The nickname was quickly shortened to Willy, and it stuck for the rest of my junior high and high school careers! That explains why I left the country to go to university... anonymity!

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, so that description of me was so ingrained into my memory that it was the only thing I could think of to describe myself. So there you go. And thank you very much, Donnie Heath.

4 comments:

  1. I love the name you came up with lol and yes i did giggle like a 12 yr old when i read "annals of time" ~al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to some good reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been officially added to mine RSS feeds.

    ReplyDelete